It is time for students to head back to campuses all over the country. Soon their days will be full of studying, class, tests and maybe a little partying here and there. But first, do not leave home without these ten tips to get the college year off to a great start.
1. Make a list and check it twice
Before you start your road trip back to school, make sure you have the essentials loaded up! The last thing you want to do is sleep on a barely stained mattress or step on the gross shower floor barefooted! Don’t worry, we’ve got your back. Here are a few vital things to make sure you have before you pull out of the driveway:
- Linens – sheets and towels (multiples sets of each)
- Clothes – enough outfits so you only have to do laundry once a week
- Shower essentials – flip-flops, shower caddy, toiletries and robe
- Bed risers and under-the-bed storage containers (more on this later)
- Coffeemaker/Keurig (if your dorm allows them)
- Mini-fridge – fully stocked by mom and dad, of course.
- School supplies (that’s what you are there for, after all!) books, notebooks, pens