2. Ricotta and Brussels Sprouts Pizza
If you love pizza and you love Brussels sprouts, this is a winning combination. The roasted sprouts pair so well with the ricotta that you will wish you’d dreamed up this gorgeous pizza sooner. That is ok. You can start making up for lost time now.
- 1 pound pizza dough (we used whole wheat)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for topping
- 1/2 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and leaves torn off
- 1 thinly sliced yellow onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Balsamic glaze
Over medium-high heat in large skillet, heat olive oil. Add onion in an even layer and season with salt and pepper.
Saute onion until soft and caramelized, stirring every few minutes. Add garlic and Brussels sprouts leaves and continue to saute for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and roll out pizza dough. Brush the top of the dough with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese on top.
Spread the Brussels sprouts evenly on top of the dough. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan and add spoonfuls of ricotta all over the top. Bake at 450°F for 12-15 minutes. Drizzle with balsamic glaze for the finish.